Monday, April 20, 2015

Survive and continue to move forward

Good rainy Monday morning! Happy birthday to our dear Tink. She is the most amazing person as she never complains about anything, although she would love to.....today, she was asked to be at work at 4 am. She said sure. Yesterday, her manager called, can you be in by 5 am? Sure. This kid is amazing and so kind. I am so happy that she is in my life.


On to the big guy.....I have not posted as I have been away so, I will briefly update you.

As you may recall, we drove to the mountains last week to speak to the doctors, professors, and coaches about the impending surgery. Naturally, the doctor finally saw the tear with the new MRI after MJ put a big smily face on it.


Image result for X marks the spot gif
 The pitching coach was ambivalent and did not care about the guy. The trainer showed some compassion but later threw him under the bus in the locker room sharing with the team that he let the team down by jumping into surgery. As far as the Czar was concerned, he was not in the office at 2 pm before a game, so he did not speak to him in person.

He left the university, had surgery, recovered for a week at home and returned. Not one coach contacted him during the week.

As he went to campus, he spoke with the sports psychologist who shared with him that the coaches were angry because he did not speak to them about the surgery. Huh?

Any way, he did.

Finally, he made an appointment to see the Czar and the poo hit the ole fan in a big way......



Here is the conversation in the big guy's words.....

Image result for screaming gif

"I didn't call or text him that's why he's pXISYR$^&.
I said I didn't want to bother anyone with my problems and honestly I wasn't in a good state of mind.
He said I am selfish and I do what I want to do when I want to do them
My family takes care of all my problems
Asked what I'm doing after graduation I said working for dad he said good you'd get fired anywhere else 
If I was so concerned about being able to pitch you think I'd call the guy that's in charge 
He invested time in me and helped me. He could have kicked me out after looking at my prior stats but that he could help me.
He thought we had a relationship 
I had time to speak with trainer and assistant coach and not him. I said I went to the office and you weren't there. I didn't want to serve as a distraction.
I was in the proper state of mind to reschedule an exam and get a surgery done but not call him 
I didn't tell anyone that I was going for another opinion. 
They said that he would have supported me....
If I am in the proper state of mind I can hang around but you'll do whatever you want at the end of the day.
I'll get to you when I get to you in the future."
 
 
 
How do you like that conversation? 
I have nothing further to add to this post except....do not bring me into this conversation. I do not bail my kids out unless they need an adult hand. He was hobbling after the good docs diagnosed and treated the groin issue for several weeks. Any parent, friend, relative, or colleague would offer advice or help to a person who could not walk, right? This is what civil societies do. Right?

Gotta catch up on work.
Peace!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment