Thursday, September 11, 2014

Spinach salad

Good morning! It's a beautiful day and time to get going.
I apologize for not posting more but school has started and I am pressed for time as I scramble to catch up with work. Part of my job has been to interview prospective students, therefore I have had to resort to SKYPE and use it at different times of day and night. The applicants like it because they do not have to go to campus. I am not crazy about it because I could be online with them any time of the day based on their schedule.....The good part about it, is that I can wear pajama bottoms and a nice top as I try to look uber-professional. OK, that is my only issue of the week....not so bad....although....





I spent 10 hours trying to get to South Carolina yesterday. Let me tell you....I was not pleased as I sat in Philly airport for 4 hours watching lots of planes leave for Atlanta, yet mine sat on the runway waiting for a part....then as I ran through Atlanta airport trying to catch my connection (I already missed 2), I made a mental note to start running again. As I arrived at the gate after weaving through countless travelers, I watched my gate close without me in the plane. Asking for another flight, I had the dubious honor of sitting between two large gentlemen as we flew to Savannah. Midway through the flight, I thought that I was perspiring because the two guys were in my space and I had no room, but the pilot announced that there was a problem with a plane generator and we did not have air conditioning. Ahh...that explains it.



No A/C....hot....between 2 big guys....no arm or leg room.....yoga breathing....in and out....Oh, by the way, we flew lower and slower so that we did not overheat the left over generator.....in and out.....Hail Mary.....



How is the big guy? Well, he has his semi annual cold. Yep, he overdoes it....does not take care of himself...gets sick...is salty.....finally feels better. He claims that he is still throwing well, which is good. But he complains that the trainer has them lifting weights twice a day then he throws. When I suggested that this may be due to current research in athletics and best practice models, he said something that I cannot repeat "%$($$$*$@)&!!.


'Nuff said.....I asked about the sofa....





"working on it...."


I asked about the internship...





"working on it...."


I asked about the post grade point averages in the locker room as the shortstop continues to look at his 2.1....


"still there...."





Yep...the Czar continues to humiliate the guys thinking that he is motivating them through this tactic. Uh huh...yeah, I definitely wanted my senior year gpa posted too....not! I worked all four years plus played on the tennis team twice a year leaving a little time for studying PLUS I had an incredibly hard major. During my senior year, I got sick of the juggling and left the team. I could not handle it any more and it was time to grow up.


These guys have a commitment to stay, yet the Czar is making it difficult. As I explained in class this week, a leader does not yell or embarrass to motivate. Motivation is intrinsic...within each of us. Therefore, it is up to the leader to find out what motivates each person. In my son's case, he wants to excel and get to the next level. Therefore, yelling, humiliating, benching, and so on have little effect except to anger him.




By the way, the Czar loved his essay on Evan Longoria which means that the lefty has finally figured out how to play the coach's game of 'love me...fear me....respect me...honor me...worship me....' Yep, he got it. Now all he has to do is to keep his head down, mouth shut, and throw the darn ball....that's it.


OK, I have a mountain of things to do starting with returning a zillion calls on my cell phone...


By the way, Sparky and the Baker are getting married on Sunday.

I have the honor of making 175-200 portions of spinach salad. I have to get my head around the math as I try to figure out the number of cups of spinach...oil....lemons....mangoes....apple cider vinegar....oh yeah...the secret ingredient.....honey! Sunday morning should be fun in the BP mom house as I put BP Grandmom, Grandpop, Tink, and anyone else who wants to chop mangoes and zest lemons....any takers? Frank Sinatra will be singing in the background.....love chopping veggies to the smooth sounds of the Chairman of the Board....





Later!



No comments:

Post a Comment