Thursday, July 31, 2014

The sofa....it ain't over

Hi! I just got back from the beach after spending a few relaxing and chaotic days with the family. How can relaxation and chaos be merged? Well, if you know the family, you would understand. We were at the beach, on the porch, eating, drinking, walking, and watching the activity. With lots of kids in one house, there is something always going on....some one falls, cries, spills something, gets into trouble, makes us laugh, and so on and on.



Big Sis, Tink and I headed to beach yoga at sunset one night. Boy, was that relaxing....then we got back to the house....




But on the whole, I would not have traded it for anything except a few days at the Ritz Carlton with my personal masseuse, Sven massaging the shoulders and the crick in my neck.



I did hear from the big kid although he has been somewhat silent since the big announcement that he was in a relationship was posted on Facebook. I guess his 'friend' listens to his angst and tirades post games. Although, he did share that the team blew a 9 run lead the other night. And last night, they were tied 1-1 in the 9th when one of the best hitters in the league was at bat. According to the lefty, the batter owned him in the early season, but once he figured him out, he has been able to strike him out in the most recent games. Therefore, he shared the 'secret' pitching combination to the pitching coach who was calling the pitches....give him 2 curve balls down the middle.....then come at him with a fast ball at the hands...he will swing and miss......



True enough...he had the pitcher throw 2 curve balls over the plate for 0-2 count. Rather than listening to the big guy's advice, he had the pitcher throw another curve over the plate and boom.....the batter hit the ball squarely into the outfield...run scores....they lose the game.



Hmmmm....does this powerful knowledge translate into something that could possibly earn this guy  a living or financial independence? I believe the answer is 'no.' He does not want to be a pitching coach. He does not want to coach at all. He wants to pitch in the major leagues and that is that!



The other night, he threw for 8 innings, gave up two walks, 2 runs, 9 strike outs, 92 mph. Out of 108 pitches, he threw 78 strikes which is an excellent percentage. It seems that he is in the zone....which leads me to the plans....yes, plans.....

I am flying out on Sunday morning to watch his Sunday night start. That's right. I have a ticket for St. Louis. I leave early in the morning and will join him later in the day. I will see a game, darn it. Although, it is the second to the last game of the season, I can go on record and say that I will witness the game....and maybe....just maybe....catch a glimpse of the lady who has stolen his heart....maybe...we will see.



Ok, if you have been reading the blog, you know that we have been on the guy's butt about the sofa being left in the apartment. After countless emails, texts, and conversations, the final day of July has arrived.......where is the $@7%** sofa?

Well, it is still in the apartment. He spoke to the landlord who will move it and the other items (huh! What other items?) into  storage for a fee. According to the big kid: "This way, I don't have to worry about it anymore."

Worry? You were worried? Really? Complacency is worry for you? Ignoring your parents' pleas is worry? Seriously?

Astonished, I asked what the 'fee' was for the landlord to move the sofa and other stuff into storage...."Uh, I don't know. But it isn't much."

Really? You don't know, but assume that this is going to be a $5.00 venture? Are you out of your mind? You have had three flipping months to clean this place out! With all due respect and unconditional love, for your feeble minded information....the landlord is going to take the deposit and charge us for the storage....this could be several hundred if not a thousand dollars! What do you have? A money tree in the back yard? 'Cause I don't. Mine died 22 years ago.....just sayin'



Ah, the joys....and joys....and joys of family......



I gotta go...my blood pressure has risen to crisis point and I have to crack into a bottle of something....either advil or better yet...it's 5 o'clock somewhere......Or maybe.....I am going to head  to my deserted island....located in my mind.....





No comments:

Post a Comment