Thursday, March 6, 2014

California Dreaming

Good morning! The sun is shining and the snow is melting...yuk. I actually like a little snow during the winter, but this has been too much. Although Uncle G who is an orthopedic surgeon has been LOVING it. Yep, anyone who slips on the ice and breaks a bone is headed to the OR to be fixed up by my lil bro. I believe that he smiles every time that he sees a snow flake. Perhaps he is the one who has been taunting Ma Nature to continue bombarding us with flakes.



On to the big guy....yesterday's phone call yielded a great deal of happiness. Yes, he is one happy guy whereas a day or two ago, he was miserable. These ups and downs are making me nuts.



Anyway, the team leaves today for their great adventure on the west coast. And guess what? My whining has led to a "if you want to go, then go..." conversation with dad. Seriously? I can go? Huh? Me? Alone? No Tink? No Diva? Fly out to the coast and stopping three times along the way since I will have a super saver fare? Can I? Huh? Did he find more change under the sofa cushions? Should I go? Why not? Why?


Here's my take on it.....I killed myself for 6 months teaching 90% of my work load. I became Jekyll and Hyde knowing that I would need time off to travel. When the car needed new brakes and the heating system broke, I knew that I had sucked the last of the extra cash to fix them. And so, I settled back and figured that instead of going to all of the games, I would work out every day and catch up on my reading. Perhaps I could lose a few pounds.

However, after the conversation that I had with dad this morning, he thought that it would be a good idea for me to see a few of the games. I jumped so high that I scared Diva. On the other hand, I did not tell Tink that I would be traveling alone since she has to work. This is our secret, for now.



And so, the great adventure continues as I sift through the air fare on Expedia trying to find a fare that won't break the bank or have me fly north then south then back east then west to get to my destination. Stay tuned for more details.

Peace!


No comments:

Post a Comment