Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Ring a ding ding

Good morning! It's a nice day, right? Actually, I am  not sure....on my last day alone with Diva, I considered a slow, uneventful morning before the trip to the airport and class. But all best made plans are generally not achieved, so why bother....Let's begin....

 

Diva and I settled into bed early last night to read and relax. Ahhh....so nice.....eyes are closing....feeling relaxed...hmmmm....ring...ring..."Did I wake you up?"


Shall I be honest or just say: "Hey, no problem. Glad that you called...."? Ok, I lied and had a nice conversation with Tink as she shared the events of the evening. As you probably know, with cell phone technology, we speak to one another multiple times a day. But sweetly, she wanted to say "good night." She is such a nice person....

Eyes closed.....deep breath....in and out.....



Ring ring..."Do you know where dad is? How is going?" It's going well. How about you? "Well, in class we......"

Eyes wavering....Diva is asleep and I am ready to join her.....

Ring ring..."Did you speak to your son?" Yes, I spoke to him, why? "Just asking....see you tomorrow at 11." OK, see you...night....

Ring ring....Is it possible that it is 6:30a? Remember Olympia Dukakis in Moonlight when she answered the phone by saying "who died?" Well, for a moment, shivers went up my spine when it was the big kid....hello, what's up?



"Mom, I am in trouble...." Yes, a mother loves to be awakened from a sound sleep by the sound of her son's voice who claims that he is in trouble.

"Mom, my chest is burning." Why is your chest burning?

"Some guys cut classes. So the coaches made us run these crazy sprints and drills this morning. Everyone vomited including me. Then a freshman passed out. My chest burns and I am not sure why."

 


OK, I do know why. It seems that you were pushed beyond your capacity to breathe. As a punishment for cutting class, which you did not do, it ranks up there with water-boarding and the Medieval rack. It seems somewhat inhumane especially if the guys were throwing up and someone passed out. Was the coaches' message received? Once the guys are discharged from the infirmary, I am sure that they will be sitting in class as they consider a variety of ways to 'off' the trainer (kidding).

"Mom, I just want to come home." Dude, I hear ya....how about happy hour on Friday night? I'll buy the fish tacos....K? He hangs up to shower.....

It's still dark out as Diva and I close our eyes again and.....

Ring....

"Mom, I just wanted you to know that we landed in Atlanta...." Super! The first part of the flight is over and you are closer to home...yahoo!



Sigh....Diva, we are sunk, let's get going.....and so, the dog and I got out of bed and for some reason, she had the expressed need to wipe her bottom on the carpet in my bedroom and voila! a lovely streak of poo for me to clean....yes, this is destined to be a wonderful day....I am feeling it....



As we sat to drink coffee, I was missing one more call. And then it came...."We're on the plane and will be arriving on time..."
 


Goody. Time for me to shower and get to the airport. Once I grab the bags and put them into the trunk, I am sure that I will hear the sentence: "So, did you enjoy your time alone?"



Hmmm......



Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment