Saturday, September 14, 2013

Show me your shoes!

Good morning! Here is a quick update before I turn the car east and take the folks to see the "show me your shoes" parade. Apparently, this is a Miss America tradition.....anyway...my shoes are sneakers....do they constitute a shoe?

I heard from the big kid after his bullpen session yesterday. It seems that his first twenty pitches were as the coach said "#$@^%**((AMB**)^_......Ok, 'nuff said on that...then it hit....all of the work outs...the training...deep breathing.....core exercises...morning and night workouts....boom....BAM....WhacK! Boffo! Yep...it clicked and they went zoom...zoom...zoom.....

According to Gopher who caught him, 'no one is going to hit those pitches....' and there you have it ladies and gentlemen....finally, yes finally....the kid is back and is ready to attack! Uh huh. This is great news and finally he has found his flow. Whew! It was lost and is now found. I could not be happier for the big guy. And so, today, he is one happy camper....

The coaches have noted his hard work and asked him to work a camp for recruits. He is one of just a handful of guys asked to help with the recruiting process. Again, this is good....

On another note, there was a sighting of the old coach at a football game tailgate last week. He joined a party with another former coach. It was odd seeing him this way, but the guys were plastered, so it really did not matter. I am ambivalent about my feelings about him. If he had not phoned the last two seasons in, I would feel bad after him losing his job. But, let's face it...if any of us lost our drive and ambition at our work places, we would also be looking for a job. I am pretty sure that you have to earn your money when you are employed. Even in the stands, we could see the apathy and lack of concern. Oh yeah, let's not forget his prescription for a losing streak: "Go to the bars and have a few drinks..." Hmmm......

Yep...get drunk. The key to any losing streak...A person can think it but to actually tell the team to drink is beyond me. This guy was supposed to be a role model. Instead he was more of a big kid himself. He honestly had no answers for the losing streak. He also did not know how to develop players and gave too much power to his assistants and the 23 year old trainer. Although several guys were drafted by the MLB during his tenure, he was unable to really develop the others who came to his program with great potential. Instead the pitchers were all blowing their arms out and needed surgery.

Speaking of blowing the arm out...yep...I did it again. It's time to shut down and see Tank, the physical therapist. Why? Oh, why not....honestly....I hurt it with up and downs during yoga and made it worse playing tennis. Yeah, before you snicker...give yoga a chance but make sure that you use perfect technique. If not, your arm will be in a sling and you will be placed on the shelf until the pain subsides. I guess that a person could say that I am a bit of a mess. But I'll never give up. Nope....I'll be swinging away in my 90's, should I make it (as my granny would say).

With that, I gotta run....or actually drive to 'lantic City....where a I going to park? Sheesh!

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment