Thursday, September 12, 2013

Real or fake?

Good morning! I hope that all are well and feeling the change of weather. I love the fall except for the work thing...although I do like my job and the people that I work with very much. I just dropped my car off since I had two lights on the dashboard flash. I don't know what they mean, but I guess that it is time to have the car doc check out the tires and under the hood. Speaking of cars, we did buy the CRV for Tink at the dealership that I swore that I would never enter again. Naturally, the moral of the story is never say never. 

We are gearing up for a weekend in Atlantic City...that's right...Miss America. Oddly, a family reunion was scheduled for the same weekend. So, BP Grandmom and Grandpop asked us to go for the events on Saturday and Sunday. Apparently, there are parades on Saturday that are a must-see. My girl friend asked me to take a Miss America poll of 'real' or 'fake'. Sadly, I cannot tell the difference but perhaps someone else in the crowd can help. Let's see....what do you think....more than 75% are fake? Stay tuned....to be determined....



On to the big kid in the mountains who today is happy. He mentioned to me yesterday that he thought the Monday Night Football game was the most exciting that he had seen in years. whoa! Hey! Don't you have class on Monday nights??? "Uh yeah, the guy in front of me had the game on his laptop so we watched it in the back row."



I guess in a big lecture hall, it could appear that the kid would be typing notes as the professor taught. Let's see....Are all professors blind to that? Hmmm...no, they are not. For example, there is a student in one of my classes who comes to class with a laptop and iPad. The iPad faces her and she is doing something on it that does not pertain to class. So, yesterday, I walked to her desk and looked down at the iPad. She was browsing Pinterest as I spoke. The student looked up at me and closed the iPad. I did not say anything else, but smiled. Oy!



Am I innocent? No! I had a meeting with another faculty member and was taking notes on my computer....but had the instant messenger going with a friend who knew both of us....here is what I typed as I pretended to listen during the meeting:

"Help! I'm dying here..."

"Grab the key to the liquor cabinet!"

"She's getting on my last nerve!"

"I can't breathe!"

"Shoot me!"

"She's crazy..."

"I need a blind fold and a cigarette."

"I am sending up the white flag!"

"I surrender...."



Then the meeting broke up and I went on my merry way. Immature? Yep....but it got me through the hour spent on theoretical and conceptual frameworks.....right?

And now, I have to grade the first round of papers that are sitting in my box.

Have a wonderful day!


No comments:

Post a Comment