Wednesday, September 18, 2013

And the Oscar goes to.....

HI! It's 7 am ish and I am already in my office at work. I have my 4-hour marathon class with my ESL students and am putting off reading their work until the last minute. You must understand, I love these students but they do not contribute to class to keep it going. I speak....ask a question....the student in the middle looks around to her peers....they nod...she answers the question with one sentence...."anyone else?" I say......Nope....On to the next topic....Therefore, I have finished the objectives of the course last week and still have three 4-hour classes left. And I have nothing.....yep...nothing....so, I will do what any other senior in college would do...that is...wing it....yep, I'll wing it and hope that my experience will lead me to offering something in the next four hours with substance. Then I will pray that they got something important out of their efforts to stay awake during my monologues.

How is the big kid? Well, after his abrupt conversation with his dad yesterday about 'throw the $%#@@! ball!!!', he called to talk about another subject. Although he proudly said to me: "I am no longer going to think, I am just going to throw..."

Dang, dude! Really!? When did you come up with this resolution? How many people? How many years? How many coaches? They all said to you: "Stop thinking! Throw the #$@%!! ball!!!" By George, he finally got it...or did he? Stay tuned....I will soon  start my online program to earn my certificate as a sports psychologist....

Once again...I won't say that he is a head case...it would be like the pot calling the kettle black, but he needs to work on his anxiety. He has the tools. He is equipped. He has the body, mechanics, and budding confidence. So what is it? Hmmmm, if I could figure this one out, I could cure what ails society....performance anxiety.




Yeah. I could come up with a fool proof way to cure anxiety disorders. Then I write the book...

it becomes a best seller.....

I am on Oprah and Jimmy Kimmel.....I snub Matt Lauer and give my story to Ann Curry....

I am approached by Hollywood producers to write the story of my life and journey in discovering the cure for anxiety....

a blockbuster movie wins the Oscar as Angelina Jolie scores a win in her portrayal of BullPen Mom....the complex, yet dedicated to her home, family, and profession kind of woman....Angie will win because she had to gain a few pounds to be believable......

Speaking engagements.....lots of money.....
 
Nobel Peace prize....






my photo and story on Time magazine.....

 


a house in the Bahamas and Switzerland.....a jet to go from engagement to engagement.....

ZZZZZ......

OK, 'nuff dreaming...off to figure out what to say for the next four hours...


Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment