Sunday, August 18, 2013

Eww..that smell.....

Good morning! We are home after three very wet days in the south. We left the most amazing weather and journeyed to the seemingly wet lands. Upon returning home this morning at 1 am, the skies opened and the rain came....and will continue for another few days. Can anyone say: "mold?"



Speaking of mold...the big kid shared with me that the ceiling in the house of mold is caving in. Why? Well, it seems that when he was in the hospital last fall with mono, the guys threw a party. A partier went into the bathroom, turned the water on the bath tub, placed the stopper in the drain, closed the door, and left the house as the water flooded over the tub and through the ceiling. Would you call this a house warming gift?

As I ponder this party and destroy mentality, I have to consider what their parents must think of their babies' latest antics. I do remember holding the innocent children in my arms and wondering how they would turn out. Would they be intelligent? Uh....
Would they be good looking....hmmmm...

Would they be athletic...charming....kind...considerate....ax murderers...drug addicts.....destroy homes with water....what will they turn into? And, how can I be the person who makes sure that they turn to a life of goodness and not evil?

Does this sound like a psycho-mom? No, I don't think so, 'cause I submit to anyone that this is what a parent considers as he or she stares into the innocent eyes of their child. Honestly, if I found out that my child deliberately ruined someone's home by turning on the faucet and leaving the water to destroy, I would be heartbroken....then I would be angry...then I would seek ways to have this child of mine amend and repair for their callous disregard for someone else's property.



Like OC leaving the house with garbage in the fridge and on the counters. The house is rancid and no one can live there right now. I actually had a bad taste of this when we returned home last night. The garbage can in the garage in just two days went rancid. The odor when we returned last night made me dry heave. More so, the scent permeated the house and landed in my system for a few hours. It was disgusting. We quickly move the garbage can out of the garage but the initial damage was done. No one..even J-Lo and Liz Taylor would make a perfume that smelled like this garbage bomb...although.....this could replace nuclear bombs and guns in wars. The scent can over power anyone. Put on a gas mask, throw a stinky garbage bomb, then your opposition will throw their guns down. Think about it....no killing...an environmentally, humane way of conducting a war. The troubles in the Middle East are over. Quick...someone call the Prime Minister....he can have my garbage and begin the process of disarming the military.



OK, now that we are home, I have exactly 12 hours to equip the big kid with his needs for the apartment. I have $20 Kohl's cash and a 20% off everything coupon. Once we finish, we will drive to campus tomorrow, buy a futon and table, fill the fridge, and head home. He is ready to return. I am ready for him to return. I can see the excitement of his new place, new body, senior year, and new coach in his eyes. It's time to let him go......

Coming up....new car woes...and a trip to Paula Deen's restaurant.

I will leave you with the big lefty's walk out song for the spring. Believe it or not, the song is called...."That smell..." I am not kidding....





Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment