Thursday, December 27, 2012

Recipe for success

As the pre and post Christmas fog begins to clear, I have discovered that I also forgot to bring the pineapple stuffing for the Christmas ham on Tuesday. The double recipe that I made on the 24th was found in the garage refrigerator. This makes my holiday blunder 4 for 4. In other words, since I did not have the potato concoction, appetizer, pineapple stuffing, and dip, I failed in my holiday effort to contribute to Uncle G's party. Fortunately, I did remember the ping pong tournament trophies. That sort of got me out of trouble....actually, once again, I think that no one noticed except me. But....

that's not the way that I roll....I try to live up to my promises and I actually thought that I did until yesterday when I found the casseroles (stuffing) in the fridge, What the heck? Is this early dementia? If it is, then what do I expect next? OR.....

is my life too complicated? In the old days when the kids were younger, I contacted a caterer and had her make the main meal and side dishes. That was pretty nice and a holiday gift for myself. Do I take on too much? Or too little? OR....

is it multitasking? I might be doing it wrong. Research suggests the brain is not designed to multitask, therefore, Do I think that I am any different than the subjects from the research studies? I am no Einstein or Steven Hawkings therefore, why do I think that I can have six balls in the air and not let any pineapple stuffing drop? Anyone need a side dish for ham?



OK, on to my big kid. On Christmas Eve, he walked into the bedroom at 5:30 am after a late night working in the bakery. "I am going to throw...then going to work..."

How are you going to throw in the dark?

"Going to the high school, turn the car head lights onto the mound and throw..."

Coming from him, I believed it. Anyone else, I would have had their head examined. But that's exactly what he did...off to throw baseballs in the 20 degree temperature in the dark guided by the car's head lights. And so baseball fans, this is what you have to do to make it in division 1 baseball....

The recipe for success is as simple as the pineapple stuffing recipe. It consists of ambition, drive, motivation, a bit of crazy, and a car battery from Sears. That's it. let's see how it works in the new year.

With that said, I am going to try NOT to multitask today....My mantra is to take one thing at a time....finish the first project...go onto the second...then the third...the fourth....fifth..and so on...have lunch.....

Later~

No comments:

Post a Comment