Wednesday, December 12, 2012

"May I turn down your bed?"

Yesterday was a good day. I avoided the sugar and cookies without breaking out in a sweat. Whew....instead of eating, I hit the treadmill before work and started the long road back to sliding into my pants without a crow bar.

How is the big kid? Well, he heard a noise yesterday morning around 4:30 am and found O.C. in the living room passed out drunk. After putting a pillow under his head and making sure that he was breathing, he went back to bed.

What did his momma tell him? I'll tell ya....People will judge you by the friends that you have. This in no way is an elitist statement. Sure, hang out with Donald Trump....yeah....no, that's not what I mean. If you hang out with a bunch of drunks, people will think that you are too. Or at least they will think that you condone it.

OK, BPM enjoys a cocktail or glass of wine before dinner. But that's it...nothing more. The drinking stops and water is served. There is nothing uglier than a person who is either a sloppy drunk or inebriated to the point of impairment. What's the point? I also heard somewhere that alcohol kills off brain cells....poor O.C.

Where does this leave the big guy? Well, dad found a private apartment on campus for $$$$. yeah, we'll pay for the house's rent and a new living situation to get him out of there. Why? Because it is the right thing to do.By the way, this private dorm room also has maid service. It's almost like another mortgage payment without the tax benefits.

And so, I will look for ways to extend my life so that I can continue to pay these bills and avoid eviction from my own home. In the meantime, have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment