Thursday, October 18, 2012

whoa~

Hey! Another great day....why is it so great? "cause I had no idea that it was fall break at school and I had the day off. My students informed me last week that we did not have class today...what a break indeed...One of these days, I will have to keep better tabs on the school calendar...Once I put Tink on the bus when she did not have school....when the bus did not show up, I called the district to pick her up. After putting her on the bus, I looked at the schedule and had a meltdown.....She kept telling me that she had the day off, but I did not believe her.

Lesson learned....I ran after the bus and did not find her until an hour later when she was sitting in the driveway with her father after the bus turned around and returned home. Needless to say, I understand why people need antidepressants and anti anxiety medication...I totally get it....therapy would be a bonus too....

On another note...we had a meltdown as we received a letter from Buddy's landlord yesterday....gee, I wonder what she wanted? I will give you three guesses and the first two do not count.

That's right...she has been cited by the borough for trash strewn around the yard. There were three police citations rendered to the landlord. She may be losing her permit to rent her house to college students and therefore with the next citation, the guys will be evicted. But according to the lease, they will continue to pay rent, even though they have to find a new place to live.

Dad emailed her today and asked her to stay on top of the cool guys and keep him informed of further infractions.Honestly, I raised him better than this...I covered the use of a trash can, picking up objects on the floor, porch, and lawn, and caring for your environment. Do I blame him? Oh yeah...I do....in fact, as far as I am concerned, we are going to have a sweet lil meeting on Saturday when I drop by campus for the baseball scrimmage. I have an agenda and Tink will take minutes.

Obviously, these knuckleheads do not have critical thinking skills and cannot think past their next beer or party. I noticed on the letter from the landlord that all of the parents were notified...nice....now each guy will have the pleasure of muting the telephone as their moms and dads scream into it. Dad and I do not usually raise our voices, BUT this time, I might use some nonverbal communication tactics and shrug my shoulders as he tries to explain how well this open door policy is working.....

Do all guys behave this way? I don't think so. I generally keep my mouth shut when my friends share their stories of their kids being inducted into Phi Beta Kappa, engineering honor societies, and offered fellowships to discover new treatments for cancer. Should I mention that my kid can drink beer while standing on his head? After all, this is quite a skill as he defies gravity.

With that said, I am taking advantage of the beautiful weather and going for a long long walk to practice my speech on "cleanliness is next to Godliness" on Saturday. I may use PowerPoint and videos to make my point...have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment