Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Trick or treat

Wow! Did you see the damage on television to the Jersey shore? That hurricane has created billions of dollars in damages. People who own summer homes are not allowed to see the damage and have to wait for at least several more days until the roads are cleared and power is restored. Talk about Merlot moments...get me the box....

And so, how is the big kid doing today? Well, he was dropped off at school yesterday and has returned to class. He has discovered that he had to call the oil company to fill the tank for heat. This is a big boy thing to do....so he took hold of the issue and made the phone call. Sadly, he can see his breath in the house and plans on sleeping on Angel's sofa until there is heat is restored. Fun, eh?

He says that he is tired but able to get through the day. This is all good especially since he was in the hospital less than one week ago. It's unbelievable the events of one week. You never know what will happen from day to day. Perhaps that is why we have booze.....kidding....no, actually, I am not.

Tonight, we had a multitude of trick or treaters and have quite a bit of candy left over. I never want to run out, so I over buy. Now we have Snickers, Milky Ways, M&Ms, and Peanut butter cups left. They are all my favorites. Therefore, there will be no waste...none what so ever. After all, as BP GrandMom used to say: "There are starving children in Biafra, eat your peas." She's right. We can't waste food. It's not humane.

OK, I got to get my stuff ready for tomorrow's long day. Now I start at 5 am and end at 4 pm. Yeah, I know what you are thinking....who created that schedule? Which bonehead? Huh? Who would ever do that to a person? The answer may surprise you....it was me. I thought that it would not be too bad, but now that I am actually doing it, I am questioning my sanity.

As Sonny and Cher would sing: "the beat goes on.....and the beat goes on...."

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment