Saturday, April 2, 2011

Weekend Series

Life is so interesting. The only thing that is constant is change. Got to embrace it or one will be unhappy. Speaking of happiness, I once had a cup of Salada tea as a kid. The tea bags have a quirky quotes on them. Each one is different and mostly unmemorable except one that I will never forget. The tea bag suggested..." Happiness is not doing what you like, but liking what you do." What a profound saying from a little tea bag that I read during the 1970's. It changed my life in a flash. I was stuck in a really crummy minimum wage job, no car, saving money for school,and no funds for some of the basics like a Bic pen (19 cents at the time). Once I read the tea bag, I thought that we are responsible for our happiness and it has nothing to do with what we do not have or seek. It means being content in the moment and enjoy the ride. Such a powerful message from a cup of hot tea.

With that said, yesterday's baseball game was a bit of a pitching disaster. The team blew a 6-run lead and lost. Yikes! No, Buddy did not pitch, but he did say that he could have shut the opponents down.....is this confidence or arrogance? I am voting for the former. You have to believe that you can do it. If not, sit down in the bullpen and wait to play against a high school team, 'cause you don't belong on a D-1 baseball team.

I once read an article about Michael Jordan. He said that he wanted the ball especially when they were down or needed points. He was positive that he could make the difference in any game. Yes, he was the go-to guy on the Bulls. Similarly, Buddy wants to be the go-to guy. In fact, he has been working all of his life for the opportunity. One of these days, he will get it. This will then be the time to see how tough he is. Until then, I will listen to the game today on the Internet and hope that he gets his chance. But as the insightful tea bag recommends...be happy with the role that you have today. One day, you will get your chance.....it got me through some tough times...go team!

No comments:

Post a Comment